Monday, February 18, 2008

Love is in the air

I should be happy. I must be feeling happy. I know that I’m happy but am I really happy? Honestly? I don’t know.

For the past 3 months it had been such a roller coaster ride. Things that I never thought I’d feel, I felt. In three months, I was from being happy, thrilled, excited, afraid, appalled, out-of-breath, sad, sentimental, happy again, relaxed, gay, panicked, cautious, angry, tensed, excited, surprised, can’t-sleep-for-a-whole-night to confused and still am…..

Most of the time, I used to think that doing the house chores is my responsibility and I’ll do it no matter how I felt. Sometimes it was such a burden. At times it was just another chore. Whatever happens, I’ll have to do it….

While I was ironing last night, I kept thinking about the fuss of lover’s day that was celebrated on the Feb 14th. It was all over the radio and tv. It brought me to think of the love that I have inside me….

For the first time in months, I ironed the clothes with LOVE. Every wrinkle was ironed with LOVE. I praised God for all the love that I have to my family. I thanked God that I still have the love inside me now and it made me realised that I don’t need a special day to celebrate love. I can do it any time I want…..

Now I feel love…….

Happy birthday Mama!

No comments: