Monday, August 07, 2006

Unofficial Homemaker’s Leave

It all started badly on Friday when Hubby will be away till Wednesday leaving me with the kids… as usual. Then there was this phone call that changed the whole gloomy and boring day. Mama n Papa nak mai ni…..kami sampai haghi Sabtu… malam kot!!!Yeeehaaa !!

As expected, they agreed to baby sit the kids on Sunday. Alhamdulillah. I was presented with a one day leave…..after months of 24-7 job. As such, I agreed to join my resident association’s netball team competing in MPSJ Netball tournament.

6.30 am – Woke up with a big smile. Stared at my jersey ( got beckham’s number…haha…) for about 2 mins to freshen up my sleepy eyes….here we go.

We reached MPSJ at 8ish, jogged around the track and joined the aerobics halfway. We were in Group B and played 7 tiring games. We managed to win the first three games but lost the rest. For the record, all of us are “mak - mak orang” while the other teams mostly had some import players which are either school girls or state/professional players!! They were so fast we just couldn’t match their pace and stamina. All in all, it was fun. I enjoyed myself but only one small thing, the sunburn!!!!

I went back at 2ish. Rested for awhile and went out again to feed my singing stomach with Char Kuey Teow.



The headache that I felt since the third game prompted me to visit a hair salon for a quick hair wash. It was so refreshing!








Next stop was Jusco.

After a minor shopping, I wandered around and almost forgot the ache all over my body as a result of too much “gedik”. By 7pm, I just couldn’t take it. Balik!!

Hubby called to remind me of Formula 1. We were practically laughing on the phone when Alonso had to quit the race while he was leading. Unfortunately Schuey follow suit when it was just 3 laps to go.

At 10.30ish Mama wanted to watch Gon & Gincu!!! Biaq betoi ni…
My brother was a Pak Pacak in the prison cell scene.
No wonder….
Another actor in the making…..
Uwek! Uwek! Geli

lidah….


I need more ice-cream.

I really cherished the time that I had for myself. It’s a recharge, if I may say so…..
Today, life will be back to normal.














10 comments:

Mommy at Home said...

good for you mama! getting some time to yourself to enjoy the things you love.

ontahsapo said...

sedapnyer aiskrim tuuu, eh demam boleh makan aiskrim tak...?

ufukhati said...

junita,

You have a very wonderful day. I would like to translate it as : HAPPINESS.

And -- thank you for posting your poem to my blog. I enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

junita,

Good for u....

Stay-at-home moms like us deserve a break once in a while to recharge ourselves...

And I'm so jealooo...us that ur community even has a sports association....

Monster Mom said...

BTB- thnx for visiting

Mommy- once in a while i kena recharge myself...kalau tak tensi....

OS - tunggu lepas baik demam baru boleh makan k!!!!

Ufukhati - i minat ngan lagu asli... from then i minat ngan pantun melayu...

Nalisa - come and move here... banyak lagi aktiviti menariks....hahhehe.... gerai makan pun banyak kat sini...ahaks

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the visit at efx2. Very much appreciated that you read my post. I got your comments and hope you'll be in a helathier life there.
Lama I tak main netball. Tak de geng.
Best kan dok rumah, banyak benda yang boleh dibuat, yang tak ramai orang bekerja mcam I bolah buat. Aja aja!

Anonymous said...

salam junita,
thanx for dropped at my place, so you are one of the goddesses too huh? :D

am in envy with all these goddesses job! and yeah most peeps will say "blaja tinggi2 pas tu quit"..hey thats my dream job tau!

you have a nice space here, nice photos too..will come back insyaAllah!

p/s: so you officially work form home, i mean SOHO thingy?

Monster Mom said...

salehah-sesama laer...
Dok rumah mmg best but ur time is filled with entertaining the kids n house chores... no time to watch my fav dvd or read books....by the time malam...letih lor...

onde-w'salam. Hopefully u'll achieve ur dream job in the near future.hehe...
Work fr home tu ye lar.. but not to the extend SOHO lagi....
doa doa la yer

Titicaca said...

aiskrim itu sungguh mengancam sekali.tapi kalau aku musti habih doh tu..balance? dah habih satu tong tak balance la dah...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Junita
Very nice blog, terubat rindu...

Abg Zamm :-)